Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A Long Weekend of Knitting

I'm getting ready to go off to a mini-Knitting Camp in Marshfield! Last summer, we had 35 or 40 people on the waiting list for Meg Swansen's Knitting Camp. So, we offered those knitters a chance to come to a mini-workshop weekend instead. It starts Thursday and goes until Sunday. Needless to say, I'll have lots of time to knit!

I'm taking along the Saddle-Shoulder Aran (now at about 9 inches from lower edge) and my Russian Prime. Here are photos of the wonderful RP in progess. I just got started on the first sleeve.

Neck Steek for the Keyhole Neck



Here is just a whole lot of knitting!



Can you see how beautifully the pattern continues down the sleeve, even though I had to turn the chart on its ear?



3-Stitch, 2-Needle I-Cord Bind-Off on Shoulders!


11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, say hi to Meg for me. I didn't get into camp this year :( maybe I'll be in this extra one next year if a spot doesn't open up. Glad to see you have a blog so we can all keep up with you!

Amy Detjen said...

Will do, Jodee! How's the gang?

Nancy said...

Oh! Great looking RP! Have you watched the new DVD yet? Mine should be here any day now! Do report back and show us pics of this weekend!

Anonymous said...

nice work this sleeve ! really !

Amy Detjen said...

Nancy, I don't have the DVD, I have the VHS Tape! Could be worse, could be a Beta tape. Does anybody else remember Beta? My sister, who shall remain nameless but whose initials are LESLIE still has some in a box with 8-track tapes. Maybe they'll be rare antiques someday?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so glad I was directed to your blog by 'feral knitter'!
I am looking forward to watching your progress on the 'saddle-shoulder aran' and today your Russian Prime!
Two designs I've wanted to knit for quite awhile.
So exciting!

EnnaVic said...

RP is beautiful! It makes me want to start a new project, but I think I'd better just add it to my future projects list. I really need to finish something. Anything at all would do really! :)

Holly said...

Just read that you have a blog from Janine's blog. Glad to know that we will be able to read about you and your entourage. The kitties are great. So is the RP and the Saddle Shoulder Aran. Blog on girl!

Anonymous said...

Rebecca told me about your blog. Your work is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Your knitting is so even and lovely Amy. I wish mine was that good.

It's good to see you online. I'll be interested to see where you take your blog.

And I'm as envious as all heck of the knitting weekend....

Molly Bee said...

Hey Amy! Just stumbled on your blog! Love the purple and white sweater! I'm scouring yard sales for purple bags just for you! Melinda B.