Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Refreshed, and Ready to Knit

Oh, such a wonderful knitting weekend we had! 22 knitters all together for 3 solid days of knitting and visiting, with no rotten eggs in the bunch. I will write more about it soon, before I forget how much fun it was. However...

My knitting took a hit! I was knitting along on my Saddle-Shoulder Aran and Meg commented, "there's a dark streak in your knitting". I replied that it was hand-dyed yarn and that the color variations didn't bother me. What was I thinking? After 4 or 5 inches of knitting like a mad thing, I went to splice in another ball of wool and the color variation was startling. It would have behooved me to look at my knitting in good light, don't you think? This photo was taken sereptitiously during class with my Treo, so the quality isn't great, but look at the colors! How could I have declared that it didn't bother me?

So, out I ripped! That ball has been labeled "don't use on sweater", lest I repeat my mistake (which I'm very good at). I have sorted the remaining wool to make sure that the "variations" aren't so severe. The more I knit with this yarn, the more I like it, even though I had this problem. I'm sure there is some way I can blame it on Randy (my SO), I'm good at that too - I just haven't figured out how (yet).

Randy and I have been tilling our veggie garden and working outdoors for 2 straight days. The weather has been wonderful. I have photos of our progress that I will post once I'm off deadline. I have a little editing project (knitting) that must be done today, no fooling! I did, however, run across a great photo; from last summer - it's titled Laundy Day at a Knitter's House. (Keep in mind, this was only the load of naturals/whites.) That's part of my back yard, ain't life grand? Also, that's a tree house in the background, not a deer stand!

10 Comments:

Nancy said...

Hey, laundry day at a knitter's house is absolutely just as good as those pics of Amish laundry!!! Oh my, a little color variance is to be expected, but Wow!, that's some difference!

Anonymous said...

too much difference, it's sure... but a nice nice sweater...

Franklin said...

Amy has a blog! I must have been really out of it not to realize this. Into my blogroll you go.

Hugs,
Franklin

Anonymous said...

hola, amy-
i thought the laundry pic was of your skivvies...then i clicked.
i found your blog by accident the other day. your sweater is looking fab!

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's a lot of variation in yarn colours.

Why were all those bags hung on the line, anyway?

Glad the weekend was great!

Emily said...

Just like commenter Judy, I thought at first that it was a photo of a bunch of bras on the clothesline, and I couldn't figure out why it was titled "laundry day at a knitter's house". Hand knit socks on the line, yes, but bras?!?!

Molly Bee said...

You wash tote bags? What is WRONG with you!?! Just toss them and buy replacements at a yard sale!

Sandra D. said...

I have tote bag envy. I'm a serious bag geek, but ones you can toss in the laundry are great. However, since I got "Terry the Terror" I'm forced to use bags with closing tops. Maybe she'll outgrow thinking that anything that comes out of my knitting bag is a cat toy. Maybe....

Perhaps a coordinating hat or scarf for that errant skein?

Anonymous said...

My god Amy, I thought they
were gigantic bras until I clicked on the photo - too funny!!! Glad to see you finally have a blog. Can't wait until MY week of knitting camp

lv2knit said...

You've been TAGGED! Check out our blog at www.theraineysisters.com to see the rules and other information!